Dodgy Bat: India's Answer to Flappy Bird



Life is more or less a race, and even if you are running alone, you face some obstacles. So what should you do when you face unwanted obstacles in the flight of your life? Simple, dodge them.

Dodgy Bat is a free Android game in which you learn exactly the same, dodging obstacles. Built on the LibGDX gaming library, Dodgy Bat is an addictive implementation of the obstacle collision game genre. All you need to do is tap your thumb and make your bat fly saving it from the colourful obstacles coming its way. Scoring high gets you some medals. You can play it sitting in groups with your friends and try to make the highest score.

Abdul Fatir, the maker of this game is a first year B.Tech student from IIT Roorkee.

Gizmodo India in conversation with Abdul:

What inspired you to develop this game?
This has to be my love for programming. I wanted to make my own Android application and I thought this was the best idea as a start up.

How is it different from the other games in this category? We know one such game has been quite a hit.
I know that, but I have developed all the codes of this game myself, and just the idea of a new game on the line of 'Helicopter Game' is similar to Flappy Birds that we are talking about. Dodgy Bat has a different user interface with different backgrounds and colorful pipes, unlike the predecessor. Also, since this kind of games requires focus, ads popping spoil the fun. Dodgy bat, however, has no ads.

You are not even 20 and you have your own game on Google Play Store. How do you feel?
Actually, my tryst with programming goes way back. I was 15 when I put up my first application on GetJar. It even got 30 lakh downloads. Of course, there was no name of Android or Google Play then.

Okay, last question? Why did you choose a bat?
Well, because of my love for Batman.

The game is available on Google Play and can be installed on any Android device running version 2.3 and up.
 
Top